Management Assessment is a structured, comprehensive, objective and tailor-made evaluation methodology to assess the leadership competencies of top and middle-level managers as well as to benchmark the existing management team of the company against the current market.
It is related to a specific set of criteria for position, role or managerial level based on professional and documentable observations and measures.
Management Assessment provides a thorough and objective analysis of each executive’s strengths and weaknesses from an external and objective point of view. That adds considerable value to any decision process while serving as an objective platform for feedback.
To understand current skills and future potential of an executive fully, a multidimensional assessment process is required.
Amrop is able to help you define strategically most important and critical areas for the job of CEO or management team member. We also evaluate the current potential of individuals ocuppying these positions. Amrop explores and connects your critical contextual dimensions, from your strategy and culture, to internal and external needs of your candidates.
If all the board is assessed, Amrop can help you ensure that your board members have the right level skills’ diversity, experience and representation. Our partners have many years of experience in uncovering current qualifications and future requirements. Through our analysis, we ensure that your board focuses on the right issues according to your company strategy.
We work closely with both the chairman and board members. The results of our review are presented together with our recommendations.
While management assessment can provide benefits at any time, our experience shows that companies most often ask for this service in following situations:
– Identification of High Potential
– Mergers, Acquisitions & Due diligence
– Unsatisfactory results or key persons leaving the company
– New CEO
– Filling management vacancies and promotion
– Identification of competence gaps and focus areas for key people training and development
– New strategic development or establishment of new business
Management Assessment is performed by using a set of professional tools including:
– Interviews (structured competency-based interviews) conducted on a 2:1 basis and carried out by experienced senior level interviewers;
– CV analysis;
– Strategic exercises and / or simulations;
– Benchmarking – comparison of the person against an external standard of recognized leaders of the market;
– Reference checking – an investigation of a person’s previous employment history, qualifications, performance and personality using the person’s relevant work related contacts at all levels/ 360°;
– Personality testing – measuring the person with well-validated psychometric instruments, developed for business needs, which produces comprehensive and reliable profile
Usually at least 2-3 from the above mentioned tools are used in assessment. Based on over 7000 assessments, Amrop Global Offices has built insight into multiple assessment tools and constructed a robust portfolio. Since no tools are Amrop-owned, our suggestions are objectively tailored to each project: its nature and purpose, the tools already in use by the client and the seniority of assessees.
1. Pre-analysis: Identify strategic challenges and competencies for evaluation. Study organization and culture, agree on process.
2. Assessment (recommended): two in-depth interviews (business and personal / social). CV analysis, personality test, reasoning test, strategic exercise and simulation. Cross over review or 360 exercise. Evaluation of individual motivation.
3. Reports and Feedback: Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of strengths, weaknesses and potential. Self-scoring. Recommendations for success in position. Feedback to participants and client.
4. Full Debriefing: Conclusions and recommendations regarding 1) individual managers; 2) the management team; 3) the organization.
5. Follow-up and Knowledge Transfer: process evaluation (HR), follow up on client and on each manager.
As a result, the client receives objective and professional evaluation of every single participant and an overview of the management team with our findings and recommendations (whom to keep / replace, what kind of training is required, who will be a driver of the cultural / organizational change, who is not very likely to fit your company).